AUSPOOLS and PROSPECT3 (m.i.a. recovered)

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.

Moderator: pavero

flatduckrecords
Manic Miner

AUSPOOLS and PROSPECT3 (m.i.a. recovered)

Post by flatduckrecords »

I made the trip down to Forgotten Worlds in East Ayrshire this weekend* and picked up a couple of betting-related Spectrum programs on cassette. I noticed they were both listed in ZXDB as MIA so I've digitised and uploaded them via the preservation tools.

Australian Pools

Prospect 3

I also found a copy of British Pools which has already been preserved, but the version in ZXDB (1 September 1985) is earlier than the copy I have here (1 February 1986). I've made a TZX of it; would it be worth uploading that as well? (Maybe with a comment saying it's a later version?) I'm not sure what the differences are, but it states the "last update" date prominently when you load it up. The instructions say to save a working-copy and regularly update that but I suppose it's possible a previous owner overwrote the original. The other side of the tape seems to be blank.

* I was a bit disappointed to miss out on SAMazing 2024 when my plans fell through at the last minute, so this alternative trip was my consolation prize. What a thrill to find a couple of m.i.a. tapes!
PeterJ
Site Admin

Re: AUSPOOLS and PROSPECT3 (m.i.a. recovered)

Post by PeterJ »

Thanks for preserving these @flatduckrecords.

That shop looks excellent!
flatduckrecords
Manic Miner

Post by flatduckrecords »

They had a lot of cool stuff — I spent a good couple of hours just browsing the home micro section and could have stayed longer. I barely looked at the console stuff and didn't even touch their arcade! I'll need to make another trip soon. :mrgreen:
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Nice one!
flatduckrecords wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 12:51 pm
I also found a copy of British Pools which has already been preserved, but the version in ZXDB (1 September 1985) is earlier than the copy I have here (1 February 1986). I've made a TZX of it; would it be worth uploading that as well?
I'd say yep - upload it as it's a more recent update. If there were shedloads of versions I suppose we'd look at what to keep and not, but that isn't the case here.

That spot does look great. I'd need a bloody good reason to book a holiday near an industrial estate, and that is one!