I, Ball - Kempston not working on +2a? And Locomotion issue.

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
Bolton80
Microbot

I, Ball - Kempston not working on +2a? And Locomotion issue.

Post by Bolton80 »

Hi All, I finally got my +2a with DIVMMC Future working properly (thanks to Ian at Mutant Catapillar Games!)

I, Ball is now working, but when I select Kempston the joystick won't respond. Is there a way to get it to work? I can use Sinclair as a back-up but prefer sticking to Kempston when possible.

Also, Loco-Motion. I've tried using the hacked version that's supposed to work on +2a, and it loads fine. But when it's about to start level one, the jingle glitches and then the game resets. Is there a workaround or alternative hack for this please?
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Re: I, Ball - Kempston not working on +2a? And Locomotion issue.

Post by Alessandro »

I, Ball: Did you try the TAP file I made a while ago? It works fine with Kempston on the +2A. http://disegnareconlaluce.altervista.org

Locomotion: Did you try the fixed file from here? Again, it works fine on the +2A. https://www.alessandrogrussu.it/plus2A-en.html
Bolton80
Microbot

Post by Bolton80 »

Hi. Yes, tried the version of I,Ball you recommended. Works perfectly except for Kempston not working. I can live that though.

Also, I asked someone else to try the +2a hack of Locomotion with a DIVMMC and they reported it crashed on theirs too. Is there anything else that can be done to Locomotion to getting it to work with a DivMMC/+2a setup?
Bolton80
Microbot

Post by Bolton80 »

Ah, here's an update.

First the good news...
I found a version of Loco-Motion that works with DIVMMC/+2a

The Bad news...
It's in Russian! In the TOSEC it's called "Loco-Motion (1985)(Mastertronic)[tr ru].tap"
Is anyone out there able to apply the same fix to an English version of the game please?
Bolton80
Microbot

Post by Bolton80 »

Another update, it seems "I, Ball (1987)(Firebird)[h Mac].tap" works with my Kempston.

If anyone else has these issues, hope this helps!
Bolton80
Microbot

Post by Bolton80 »

Alessandro wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:03 pm Hi @Bolton80,

try this file and see if it works for you, it does for me:

http://disegnareconlaluce.altervista.org/Locomotion.zip
Thank you Alessandro! Works perfectly. You might want to add that to your +2a fixes on your site.