Cousin Horace

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
AlWo73
Microbot

Cousin Horace

Post by AlWo73 »

Hi all,

Does anyone have a version of 'Cousin Horace' by Alessandro Grussu which works on the Fuse emulator? There's a free version on SC.

It's a multiload, which means I can see the intro but can't access any of the various levels of the game.

It looks good and I'm looking to review it on my website "ZX SPECTRUM-IT LIVES!!!" but alas, I can't get it working...unless there's something on Fuse itself which allows multiloads?

Thanks if anyone (maybe Alessandro himself?) knows how to get around this.

Cheers,
AlWo73
TMD2003
Rick Dangerous

Re: Cousin Horace

Post by TMD2003 »

Select Media > Tape > Browse to show the tape contents, and F8 to start and stop the tape. I can't think of any reason why Cousin Horace shouldn't work that way.
Spectribution: Dr. Jim's Sinclair computing pages.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

@AlWo73,

@Alessandro is a member here, and I'm sure he can help. I've mentioned him so he gets a notification.
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Hi @AlWo73,

Cousin Horace is not a multi-load game. Each part must be loaded separately. There are six files for each language for this reason.

After watching the intro, insert the first part's file in the virtual tape recorder and load it as normal.

On a side note, the game can be downloaded for free from the official Zankle Soft website as well.

I hope you will like the game!
AlWo73
Microbot

Post by AlWo73 »

Thanks as ever Alessandro :D

Unfortunately I still can't get Fuse to do that...I'll ask a more technical friend for help!

I might use your Lost In My Spectrum game instead to be reviewed with Funky Fungus Reloaded.

Cheers,
Al
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Hi, I just did what I suggested you to do with Fuse and nothing strange happened.

It was enough to drag and drop the TAP files into Fuse's window.

When the intro (file 0) ends, drag the first part (file 1) into the window, then press ENTER to load part 1.

Hope that helps.
AlWo73
Microbot

Post by AlWo73 »

Hi Alessandro - thanks, I've sorted it now.

I had failed to extract the files from the .zip file. Embarrassing...now I can see them all! :shock:

Will have a go at that asap, thanks again sir! :D

Cheers,
Al W.