What's going on with Spectrum Prices?

Y'know, other stuff, Sinclair related.
1024MAK
Bugaboo

Re: Do you think after the Pandemic prices will come down?

Post by 1024MAK »

I don’t think that prices will change much after the restrictions ease. There may be a temporary change, but I don’t think it will change the medium term rise that’s occurred over the last five to ten years.

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :dance
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
Sparky
Manic Miner

Post by Sparky »

PeterJ wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:51 pm Maybe, this needs merging with this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4016&start=20

Any objections?
Sounds fine
Alex
Sparky
Manic Miner

Post by Sparky »

1024MAK wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:57 pm I don’t think that prices will change much after the restrictions ease. There may be a temporary change, but I don’t think it will change the medium term rise that’s occurred over the last five to ten years.

Mark
Well, people aren't going to be inside using their retro computers all the time, they'll want to travel, go to clubs, whatever the youngsters do these days.
Alex
Hedge1970
Manic Miner

Re: What's going on with Spectrum Prices?

Post by Hedge1970 »

I think the prices of 48s to stay roughly the same as they are today due to the large numbers available. Seems to me you’ll spend around 20-35 for unknown condition and 35-70 for known working depending on the condition and what comes with it i.e. box, manuals, cables etc.

Personally I think that’s a bargain for a computer that you can program. It’s a great hobby with both original and new hardware (not to mention the next) to collect and use as well as a flourishing software market.

Here’s to another 40yrs :-)
MrClump
Microbot

Post by MrClump »

Sparky wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:09 pm Well, people aren't going to be inside using their retro computers all the time, they'll want to travel, go to clubs, whatever the youngsters do these days.
Travelling to retro computer clubs and meetups. :D