Couple of questions about the DIVMMC FUTURE -

For experts to discuss very technical stuff and newbies to ask why the Spectrum they bought off ebay doesn't work.
ianace
Manic Miner

Couple of questions about the DIVMMC FUTURE -

Post by ianace »

Couple of questions about the DIVMMC FUTURE - SINCLAIR ZX SPECTRUM

Does any one use one?

If so can you use grey +2 with it?

Does it allow you to load of tape then save to the SD card?
PeterJ
Site Admin

Re: Couple of questions about the DIVMMC FUTURE -

Post by PeterJ »

Hi @ianace,

I don't have a divMMC device anymore as I swapped to the Retroleum SMART Card, but yes it supports the +2.

https://www.thefuturewas8bit.com/divmmcfuture
Crafty88
Drutt

Post by Crafty88 »

The only problem I found with the DIVMMC Future and the Grey +2 was the pin used as the expansion slot key protruded up enough to catch the rear of the case.
Think the clearance on the Grey +2 case for the expansion slot is less than the other spectrums. As it fits the original 48K, Spectrum +, Toastrack and +3 that I have without catching on the case.
toot_toot
Manic Miner

Post by toot_toot »

I have one with a grey +2 and can confirm not only it works, but it’s great! Brilliant piece of kit and well worth it.

Yes you can save snapshot images to SD card.
MrClump
Microbot

Post by MrClump »

I have two Futures and they both work great! They work flawlessly with every Speccy I own (48k, +2, Toastrack, +3). I can totally recommend them.
flatduckrecords
Manic Miner

Post by flatduckrecords »

ianace wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:43 pm Does it allow you to load of tape then save to the SD card?
Yes, launch the browser at the moment you want to save (press the NMI button on the device) and then press S on the keyboard to save a snapshot. Snapshot files will be automatically named SNAP0000, SNAP0001, etc. You can press H for help, or see the full instructions for more details.

Never plug or unplug the device when the Spectrum is powered on. If you want to load from tape make sure the DivMMC is connected before you start.
seeker
Drutt

Post by seeker »

Just sent my Speccy off to Mutant Caterpillar for a refurb, looking at treating myself to one of these as well - came here to ask whether I could load from tape and save to card, in order to preserve my terrible type-ins from the 80s. Looks like it's a Yes :)
RMartins
Manic Miner

Post by RMartins »

seeker wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:00 am Just sent my Speccy off to Mutant Caterpillar for a refurb, looking at treating myself to one of these as well - came here to ask whether I could load from tape and save to card, in order to preserve my terrible type-ins from the 80s. Looks like it's a Yes :)
Yep, you can.

And it's even easier when they are just BASIC, since you can BREAK the execution, even if they were saved with a start LINE.
seeker
Drutt

Post by seeker »

RMartins wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:14 pm Yep, you can [load from tape and snap to SD card].

And it's even easier when they are just BASIC, since you can BREAK the execution, even if they were saved with a start LINE.
I wa going to Like your post but that option has been removed!

I dimly recall applying the full anti-piracy powers of SAVE "prog" LINE 10... and indeed the devastating combo of INK 0 and PAPER 0 that would, quite frankly, have made the roughest toughest cracking crew void their bowels... made the pass-agg REM statements a bit redundant but. y'know, defence in depth and all that.

Mutant Caterpillar have already sent my Speccy on its way, and thanks to some recent ebay sale triumphs I think I'll order my DivMMC future later today :)
flatduckrecords
Manic Miner

Post by flatduckrecords »

seeker wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:52 am I wa going to Like your post but that option has been removed!
We're workin' on it! Hopefully it will make a return soon.
seeker wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:52 amMutant Caterpillar have already sent my Speccy on its way, and thanks to some recent ebay sale triumphs I think I'll order my DivMMC future later today :)
I think Mutant Caterpillar are resellers on behalf of tFW8B so they might have some in stock, but otherwise I'd reccomend ordering direct. (They are available on eBay as well, but the extra fees and all that push the price up).
ianace
Manic Miner

divMMC Future

Post by ianace »

Got mine up and running today. How many other people use this add on?

Topic merged by PJ
ianace
Manic Miner

Future SD interface

Post by ianace »

just got this unit, it’s great, any one else use it?
seeker
Drutt

Post by seeker »

I'm very happy with mine. Haven't had much of a chance to play yet but I've tried a number of classic games and everything works excellently. Emulation can't fully capture the full experience as well as this thing does (particularly in the case of the 48k - squidgy rubber keys are a big deal).

Next task, getting my tape deck working properly so I can capture my terrible old coding efforts to SD card!