Euro Truck Simulator 2

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
Ivanzx
Manic Miner

Euro Truck Simulator 2

Post by Ivanzx »

Hmm, @presh does this sound familiar? :O

https://blog.scssoft.com/2022/04/euro-t ... m.html?m=1

You can do it!! :)
Jbizzel
Dynamite Dan

Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2

Post by Jbizzel »

Looks similar to Juggernaut. Actually the first spectrum game I played when I got back into the 'retro' scene as a adult.

https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/entry/2 ... Juggernaut
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

Still 1st of April :)
Jbizzel
Dynamite Dan

Post by Jbizzel »

They posted it at 12.00pm on the dot. According to the rules as set out by @flatduckrecords is this a gray area where they may be contractually bound to make it???

:D

The art is lovely.
flatduckrecords
Manic Miner

Post by flatduckrecords »

Haha, @Jbizzel yep. Them’s the rules. :mrgreen:

I clicked through and saw the loading screen and thought, “haha, yeah good one” and expected that to be it. But then you scroll down and they’ve done lots of detailed screenshots that look amazing. A lesser jokester would have just run real ETS screens through img2scr or something but someone’s done actual pixel art here. And… it looks really good? It's a shame the blog fuzzes them up but if you click through each image is a pixel-perfect 4x Spectrum screen (resolution and attributes). It's a shame it's not real given all the effort put into the gag! Top work.

I agree with @Ivanzx, @presh's Rival Gangs engine could handle this no bother…right?! :ugeek:
Jbizzel
Dynamite Dan

Post by Jbizzel »

Someone made a spectrum version of elite that was just the trading, didn't they?

So that just needs combining with juggernaut and the game is there! Or the rival gangs engine, very true @flatduckrecords

The archive image for jug isn't the best, so here is an alternative

presh
Manic Miner

Post by presh »

Looks amazing!! Wish I'd had a proper artist to do my map tiles, they look lush! :shock:

And yeah, @Ivanzx & @flatduckrecords - with a bit of tweaking to the RG engine it'd be practically there!! :lol: