ZX Spectrum and TK90X ROMs by Rodolfo Guerra

Post by PeterJ »

Found via Spectrum for Everyone Facebook Group

https://sites.google.com/view/rodolfoguerra

flatduckrecords
Manic Miner

Re: ZX Spectrum and TK90X ROMs by Rodolfo Guerra

Post by flatduckrecords »

Thanks for sharing this Peter, I've been trying it out this afternoon.

A nice feature of the DivTIESUS is that it allows you to soft-install these larger (66K) ROMs and it will page in correctly etc; so you can try it out on a real Spectrum without burning any EPROMS (I think other DivMMC/esxDOS devices will only handle 16K ROMs?). Anyway it's meant for +3e but it works well so far with this this new ROM by Rodolfo Guerra as well.

I haven't tried everything yet but it might be worth it for the faster keyboard response in the 128 editor alone!

I quite like the new routine for moving screen$ around in memory. It's nice having that accessible from BASIC (without using the RAMDisk etc.) You pass the location value in by setting the SEED* system variable (e.g. RANDOMIZE 50000) then calling USR 1200. Nifty!

* I actually just read about this tip in FORMAT last week! Quite nice for "poking" larger numbers from BASIC without worrying about high bytes and low bytes.
Pegaz
Dynamite Dan

Post by Pegaz »

It has some nice features, but also compatibility issues.
ROM checksum has been changed, also failed several flag tests, some games just don't work properly or crash compared to the original Sinclair 48/128 Roms.
reguerra
Drutt

Post by reguerra »

Hello, obviously the checksum is different, the ROMs has a lot of changes!
I don't think that's a problem with too many programs. I have tried a lot of games and they have not given me any issues.
If you want, you can email me a list with the names of the games that don't work for you.

Best Regards,
Rodolfo