Spectrum Rom Disassembly in usable form

The place for codemasters or beginners to talk about programming any language for the Spectrum.
Turtle_Quality
Manic Miner

Spectrum Rom Disassembly in usable form

Post by Turtle_Quality »

Since I'm starting to feed in a number of ROM labels to my code, and I saw that Zeus allows a ROM disassembly include that can be write protected, I started looking for a 48K Rom source. "Should only take a jiffy" I thought...

https://www.tablix.org/~avian/spectrum/rom/zx82.htm has a complete disassembly, but the labels are auto generated and would need to be fixed

The Skoolkid Rom disassembly site is clear and nicely formatted, but I would need to paste together hundreds of pages to make the full ROM

There's a txt version of the Complete ROM Disassembly here https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.p ... id=2000076 , but it's interspersed with descriptive text all the way through, so I would need to let Zeus generate 300 errors and insert ; 300 times . It's doable, but is there a ready file online ?
Definition of loop : see loop
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Re: Spectrum Rom Disassembly in usable form

Post by Alessandro »

I downloaded this assembly listing of the Spectrum ROM from a source I cannot remember right now, probably Geoff Wearmouth's long defunct website.

Maybe it could be of use to you. Just rename the .HTM estension to .ASM

Link
Nienn Heskil
Microbot

Post by Nienn Heskil »

Turtle_Quality
Manic Miner

Post by Turtle_Quality »

Many thanks Nienn Heskil, just what I was looking for

Thanks also Alessandro, but the issue with that listing was that the labels were auto generated (L001, L002, etc...) even though each label had the proper name on the line above. So it would not be possible to call K_TEST for example, you would have to search the listing for K_TEST and see what label was assigned to it.
Definition of loop : see loop