New magazine Our Sinclair

Y'know, other stuff, Sinclair related.
Mort
Microbot

Re: New magazine Our Sinclair

Post by Mort »

Bit like Trotters Independent Traders T.I.T :roll:
Scanner extraordinaire, 1000`s of magazines and Software from the 8 and 16 bit era now up on internet archive in lovely 600dpi.
Donations are welcome of items to scan that are no longer needed ;)
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

XoRRoX wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 12:01 pm Just be mindful that mag titles tend to be abbreviated and it'll then become MS. Which you may or may not like.
Ah, yeah... I'll not abbreviate it, then. I know at least two people with multiple sclerosis.
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
XTM
Manic Miner

Post by XTM »

Yo Sinclair?
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

@PeteProdge,

Did this project go any further?
ANDREWRYALS
Microbot

Post by ANDREWRYALS »

Dosen't look like it. My personal favourite from YS was Sinclair Abuser. :lol:
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

PeterJ wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:06 am @PeteProdge,

Did this project go any further?
I've done about five pages, but there are so many other things going on in my life that it's not really possible to complete until about September.
2022 has been hectic and shows no sign of slowing down!
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
XTM
Manic Miner

Post by XTM »

I was reading through this thread again now that it's been bumped and saw this:
PeteProdge wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:56 pmWell... 32 pages isn't a great page count. YS and SU at their slimmest hit 36 pages, Crash was 68. I've budgeted for 32 colour pages, it works for me.
Shurely shome mistake? I just had a look at the very first Crash pamphlet as I was certain it had an extremely low page count much lower than 68, and indeed it does have 36 pages. I can't believe all three mags hit the same number as their lowest page count?
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

XTM wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:28 pm Shurely shome mistake? I just had a look at the very first Crash pamphlet as I was certain it had an extremely low page count much lower than 68, and indeed it does have 36 pages. I can't believe all three mags hit the same number as their lowest page count?
Oh yes, you're right! 36 pages for the first one of the monthly Power Tapes - June 1989. The following issue was 52 pages and it rose up a bit more, but never sank as low as 36 again.

On the other major 8-bit formats, Future's Amstrad Action was just 24 pages long when it died in June 1995 (and there was no clue in the pages that it'd be its final edition, in fact they had a 'next month...' box out).

Future's Commodore Format also hit 24 pages when it died in October 1995 (and that had a big blow-out final issue celebration, like YS did).