The Swarm

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

The Swarm

Post by Andre Leao »

Daveysloan
Manic Miner

Re: The Swarm

Post by Daveysloan »

Absolute corker this!!
Nitrowing
Manic Miner

Post by Nitrowing »

Gets my money 8-)
Minilop
Drutt

Post by Minilop »

I've just released a major update to The Swarm is Coming... lots of improvements to the difiiculty balance and other improvements too.

I set out to make a top-down System Shock 2 type game, a bit of Alien Breed here, Doom there, some people have mentioned Into the Eagles Nest, even Space Hulk for the tactical elements. It's a game in 5 parts - a Training Mission and 4 full 48K Missions (128K versions with awesome Music from Mike Richmond and Yerzyemey.

Reviews have been nice, a Crash Smash (90% overall) in the latest issue (Issue 6 Oct/Nov 2021). 9/10 Planeta Sinclair.

The training mission and mission 1 can now be downloaded free of charge. And you can get the full 4 missions for less than the price of a Mastertronic game back in the day (inflation adjusted!).

Game can be downloaded here: https://minilop.itch.io/swarm
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

Wonderful!!!! :)
cha05e90
Dizzy

Post by cha05e90 »

Very nice, bought!
48K/+/+/+/+128K/Vega/Next&80/81&88
Jbizzel
Dynamite Dan

Post by Jbizzel »

very good. when spectrum games have a bit of a story built in - next level stuff. Love it
Minilop
Drutt

Re: The Swarm is Coming...is now FREE

Post by Minilop »

Merry Xmas to all.

The Swarm is Coming... is now completely free, get the full 4 missions & training mission for zero pounds, you can donate if you like, or not, your choice. Thanks to everyone who supported this project, it's been fun, got a Crash Smash too....thereby fulfilling the 12 year old me's dream...albeit 40 odd years later!

https://minilop.itch.io/swarm