Inside Outing (2021 fan update)

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.

Moderator: pavero

equinox
Dynamite Dan

Inside Outing (2021 fan update)

Post by equinox »

Hi. The SC archive seems to be missing this 2021 (Russian?) fan-updated version of the 1988 game Inside Outing:

Features:
  • Cracktro with AY music and trainer options
  • Controls changed to: QAOP + Space, T-take, D-drop, ENTER-pull, H-pause
  • Selection between two types of diagonal controls
  • New loading screen (the same as C64 / CPC versions) by Slider & Tiboh from 2021
  • Original loading screen by Mike Smith from 1988
  • AY in game music from Atari ST added
The video says: "It is a Beta Disk version Made by Slider & Tiboh and SCL and TRD files can be downloaded here".
https://vtrd.in/release.php?r=62ca63d19 ... 21a7f75d1b

But that linked page says: "It's older version, look for newest".

Anyway, I assume we would like to preserve this version, if anybody can find the newest one, so — now you know.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: Inside Outing (2021 fan update)

Post by R-Tape »

Cracks don't get added to the DB. Defining when a crack changes enough to be a MOD can be tricky (there's a thread here somewhere where it's discussed in more detail but I can't find it). A 'crack' is usually a few changes like loading screen and cheats, and a MOD has more substantial changes and a different personality. This one looks crack to me.
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Agree, cracks and mods should be kept out of the archive. There's a whole lot of such files around if you know where to look for them.

I recently made TAP files out of two of them for my DivIDE/DivMMC TAP file project, but I would never add them to the archive myself, or ask them to be added.
Nienn Heskil
Microbot

Post by Nienn Heskil »

^ Do you mean archive.org? Those guys host all sorts of stuff without some sort of made-up distinction cancer. :roll:

There's no 'archive' to speak of here, this site leeches most (if not all) of its downloads off archive.org.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Nienn Heskil wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:57 am There's no 'archive' to speak of here, this site leeches most (if not all) of its downloads off archive.org.
I'm going to correct this inaccurate comment.

Files which are in the 'June 2017' copy of WoS on archive.org are retrieved from this archive.

19,033 game files (and the associated screen images) since WoS was last updated in 2013 are stored locally on our own hosting server. Large files that users have contributed (for example high resolution covers) are stored in our own archive.org location (simply because we don't have unlimited hosting space).
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

R-Tape wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:55 am (there's a thread here somewhere where it's discussed in more detail but I can't find it)
viewtopic.php?t=3489